VJS Construction Services Offers a Superior Work Environment
Would you like to work for a company that is bettering communities and the lives of the people who use the building we build? When you join the VJS team, that’s what you’ll do. You’ll work with the most talented, hard-working individuals around that are passionate about building and making a difference in the community. We believe in giving back to the community and we get involved!
Whether you’re a Superintendent or an apprentice, Accounting, or Project Management, you’re part of something bigger – a team culture like no other and that’s why VJS was voted by its employees as one of the Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2022.
Structural Concrete Foreman (Union)
A Trade Foreman is responsible for a crew’s successful completion of all self-performed work of which he/she is assigned. A Trade Foreman provides overall supervision of other craft workers assigned to him/her and of the tasks assigned. A Trade Foreman is accountable for and ensures the crews safe execution of the work put in place while meeting or exceeding quality expectations.
In addition to other duties as assigned to VJS, the responsibilities of the Foreman include the following:
- Daily supervises a crew of workers in a specific trade or task.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans.
- Monitor attendance of crews.
- Monitor and track VJS’s craft labor productivity and the efficient use of owned materials, tools, and equipment.
- Leads by example regarding safety performance and quality control.
- Monitor crew team member timecards for accuracy and identification of proper work categories.
- Inspect all tools and equipment in use, to ensure they are in good working order and safe for use.
- Understand standard construction documentation and has ability to communicate information accordingly.
- Ensure all crew members comply with VJS safety procedures, OSHA, safety program requirements, rectify all safety violations, notifies Project Foremen/Superintendent, and recommends/implements corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensures work areas stay clean and orderly.
- Monitor work and materials to ensure quality control standards are met or exceeded during the duration of the work you are directly responsible for
- Perform periodic inspections of work put in place to verify that systems and materials are installed in accordance with the contract documents prior to continuation of tasks.
- Identifies in advance potential quality issues and high-risk activities while proactively develops a risk mitigation plan to protect VJS, subs and the owner
- Inspires crew members to meet or exceed schedule milestones while maintaining safety and quality objectives.
- Forecasts and requests manpower consistent with schedule requirement needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, and costs.
- Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- A self-starting, highly motivated and goal-oriented individual
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
- Affiliated with applicable Union
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in trade.
- Osha 10 & 30
- Consistently demonstrates supervisory potential consistent with the roles stated above.
Task specific to this description are as follows but not limited to:
- Layout of walls, footing, columns, etc…
- Understand associated forming components and shop drawings.
- Install sleeves, box outs, brick ledges and bolt settings.
- Read and comprehend deck drawings, layout where towers and joist go.
- Install rebar according to drawings.
- Understand civil plan and be able to transfer civil grades to architectural grades.
- Perform safety checklist and stretch and flex.
- Forecast material, supplies and tool needs.
- Track crew production accurately.
VJS Construction Services policy is to select, train and promote the best candidate for each job regardless of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin or any other protected class. Equal Opportunity Employment refers to employee recruiting, hiring, administering salary, training, transfers, promotions, counseling, terminations, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.