Wauwatosa School District | Wauwatosa, WI
- Four (4) new/renovated elementary schools: Lincoln, Underwood, McKinley and Wilson/WSTEM
- Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) at all remaining schools
- Lincoln and Wilson/WSTEM will be a combination of new construction and renovation of historic portions of the buildings
- McKinley and Underwood will be replaced with new construction
- Design will reflect the aesthetic of the neighborhood
- All new elementary schools will remain on current school sites
VJS was hired in June of 2017 to assist the Wauwatosa School District, PRA, and the Facility Advisory Committee (FAC) with identifying priorities, deficiencies, and opportunities for building improvements. This team worked together for a 12 month period and developed a district wide long range plan. The Wauwatosa School Board accepted the plan and authorized a referendum for November 6, 2018 in the amount of $124,900,000. VJS worked closely with district providing assistance in the areas of stakeholder engagement and community wide communications regarding the plan and referendum. The referendum was approved by the community and construction is currently underway.