Rogers Behavioral Health Herrington Recovery Center | Oconomowoc, WI
OWNER IN CHARGE
- Cost: $7,500,000
- Located on a lake and blends into its surrounding natural setting
- Inpatient residential treatment center for professionals with substance abuse problems
- Licensed to care for 19 patients at a time with an average stay of six weeks
- 22,000 square foot center includes offices, cafeteria with full service kitchen, outdoor terrace and patios and lounge area
- Occupiable green space on the roof, cedar and stone exterior facade, exposed wood trusses, double height spaces throughout, water efficient landscaping and reduction, light pollution reduction, recycled and renewable materials, hydronic heating and an efficient HVAC system
- LEED Silver Certified
The new Herrington Recovery Center was located on a lake and needed to be constructed within strict height limitations. In order to minimize disturbing the area, the building needed to be three stories to meet the building program requirements. Faced with the challenge of designing a three story building within the required height limitations and not compromising ceiling heights, the VJS team took the lead on coordinating all Design/Build mechanical, electrical, and structural design to assure that all components would fit within a very tight above ceiling cavity. VJS’ in-house personnel created the model consisting of architectural, structural and mechanical components.
The site constraints consisted of Primary Environmental Corridors and Set Back limitations from the lake. VJS developed a Building Information Model (BIM) to allow us to view the environmental impact in a three dimensional model and evaluate constructability options, which resulted in the ability to minimize disturbance to the site.
All building components were installed per Building Information Modeling. With this comprehensive process, the building was constructed without any conflicts regarding building component interferences.
OWNER IN CHARGE