VJS Construction Services Offers a Superior Work Environment
Would you like to work for a company that is bettering communities and the lives of the people who use the building we build? When you join the VJS team, that’s what you’ll do. You’ll work with the most talented, hard-working individuals around that are passionate about building and making a difference in the community. We believe in giving back to the community and we get involved!
Whether you’re a Superintendent or an Apprentice, Accountant or Project Manager, you’re part of something bigger – a team culture like no other and that’s why VJS was voted by its employees as one of the Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
The Project Coordinator assists project management with the organization, documentation and administrative duties on multiple projects in progress.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collects and organizes information for the preparation of project start up.
- Assists project management with contract documents, shop drawings, subcontract documentation, contract maintenance and other project information.
- Provides project management with administrative support.
- Responsible for initiating closeout procedures.
- Assists project management with close-out activities, including the punch list, resolution of warranty, O & M manuals and as-built drawings.
- Tracks the submittal, RFI, construction bulletin and addendum process.
- Secures and furnishes information to complete various reports and composes original correspondence.
- Assists the project team with agenda and meeting minute preparation.
- Assists in creating bid invitation lists for those projects assigned.
- Assist the project team with photocopies of construction documents.
- Back up other teams and employees as needed.
- Responsible for archiving all project documentation.
- Responsible for organizing and filing of all team project documentation.
- Assist with project communications and relations.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
- Preferred Associate degree with 2-3 years of construction related experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Excel, Word and outlook; project management and scheduling software knowledge helpful. Prefer Viewpoint, Procore and Textura knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors and office staff.
- Use required office equipment proficiently; plan, prioritize and organize work effectively; analyze problems, propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow-up with feedback where appropriate.
- LEED Accreditation, a plus
VJS Construction Services policy is to select, train and promote the best candidate for each job regardless of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin or any other protected class. Equal Opportunity Employment refers to employee recruiting, hiring, administering salary, training, transfers, promotions, counseling, terminations, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.