VJS Construction Services Offers a Superior Work Environment
Would you like to work for a company that is bettering communities and the lives of the people who use the building we build? When you join the VJS team, that’s what you’ll do. You’ll work with the most talented, hard-working individuals around that are passionate about building and making a difference in the community. We believe in giving back to the community and we get involved!
Whether you’re a Superintendent or an Apprentice, Accountant or Project Manager, you’re part of something bigger – a team culture like no other and that’s why VJS was voted by its employees as one of the Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Intermediate Architect Position
VJS is a full-service construction company with an architectural department specializing in Design-Build small to mid-size commercial architecture.
We are seeking an Intermediate Architect to help facilitate the design build process on commercial, light industrial, retail, institutional and mixed use projects. The individual we seek will have verifiable skills in project design, production and coordination of project construction documents, and managing client relationships. Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
Key responsibilities include management of the construction phase, client, contractor and consultant coordination, and budget, scope and schedule compliance. Applicants should have a thorough understanding of design requirements, codes, construction standards and current trends. This position reports to a Licensed Architect.
- Work smart: superior at being efficient + communicative
- Work all phases of architectural practice on market-ready projects (interior and exterior)
- Perform on projects from design development, construction documents, construction administration, schedules, deadlines and budgets
- Oversee and review construction documents with in-house standards
- Provide technical experience in coordinating high quality construction documents including documentation compliant with building codes, project requirements, and permits
- Manage construction administration, including answering RFIs, reviewing submittals, and solving construction-related issues in the office and in the field
- Resolve technical, code and agency approved issues
- Coordinate and interface with consultants and construction teams
- Superior verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of Wisconsin Building Codes, IBC, NFPA
- Knowledge in all construction types
- 8-10 years of RECENT Construction Document experience in commercial interiors/exteriors
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Architectural and Interior Design Standards
- Bachelor OR Masters of Architecture degree
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- License preferred
VJS Construction Services policy is to select, train and promote the best candidate for each job regardless of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin or any other protected class. Equal Opportunity Employment refers to employee recruiting, hiring, administering salary, training, transfers, promotions, counseling, terminations, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.