VJS Construction Services Offers a Superior Work Environment
Would you like to work for a company that is bettering communities and the lives of the people who use the building we build? When you join the VJS team, that’s what you’ll do. You’ll work with the most talented, hard-working individuals around that are passionate about building and making a difference in the community. We believe in giving back to the community and we get involved!
Whether you’re a Superintendent or an apprentice, Accountant, or Project Manager, you’re part of something bigger – a team culture like no other and that’s why VJS was voted by its employees as one of the Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and Top Workplaces USA 2021.
VJS Construction Services one of Wisconsin’s largest construction firms is looking for a dynamic communications manager. Reports to and works closely with the Vice President of Marketing and Partner in charge of Business Development to develop key messaging that supports VJS’ unique brand value and develops position messaging for specific markets and services to drive growth. This individual will develop and implement content throughout multiple platforms including but not limited to website, social media, proposals, presentations, collateral materials, media relations, and award submissions. Collaborate with VP of Marketing and other members of the marketing team to develop internal and external communication strategies to support strategic marketing and talent retention and recruitment initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- 7 to 10 + years prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
- Proven success developing and executing marketing /communication strategies and campaigns
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to think analytically and strategically
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Must be flexible and collaborative
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Familiarity or experience working with CRM software, WordPress, and InDesign is an asset
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Art History (or other related field) or a relevant combination of experience, education, and training
- Ability to be self-directed and carry tasks to completion while engaging members of the marketing team when appropriate. Understanding of deadlines and ability to prioritize multiple activities in a manner that meets proposal, statement of qualification, and client presentation deadlines. Strong organizational skills and ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals with professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Proficient with word processing software
- Proficient with desktop publishing software InDesign
- Organizational skills, multi-tasking
- Knowledge of database concepts
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures
- Understanding of basic marketing and corporate communication principles
- Understanding of Crisis Communication principles
- Intermediate to Advanced Skills – Microsoft Word
- Intermediate to Advanced Skills – PowerPoint
- Beginning to Intermediate Skill – Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate/Advanced skills for navigation through Internet
- Adobe Suite Programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. (Preferred)
VJS Construction Services policy is to select, train and promote the best candidate for each job regardless of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin or any other protected class. Equal Opportunity Employment refers to employee recruiting, hiring, administering salary, training, transfers, promotions, counseling, terminations, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.