VJS Construction Services Offers a Superior Work Environment
Would you like to work for a company that is bettering communities and the lives of the people who use the building we build? When you join the VJS team, that’s what you’ll do. You’ll work with the most talented, hard-working individuals around that are passionate about building and making a difference in the community. We believe in giving back to the community and we get involved!
Whether you’re a Superintendent or an apprentice, Accounting, or Project Management, you’re part of something bigger – a team culture like no other and that’s why VJS was voted by its employees as one of the Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
CAD Drafter/BIM Modeler
We are looking for an experienced CAD Drafter/BIM Modeler to join our team. The CAD Drafter/BIM Modeler will manage the development of BIM/Revit models using various software programs to ensure timely delivery for the Design-Build department.
- Provide CAD drafting/BIM Modeling and design support.
- Coordinate and manage Revit models.
- Create Revit families and CAD blocks.
- Obtain work assignments of either specific design elements or CAD drafting from project managers.
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy.
- Use checklists set-up for quality control on each project and submit work according to deadlines.
- Provide an accurate accounting of time spent on projects with descriptions for each time entry on a weekly basis.
- Complete printing and plotting requests.
- Demonstrate proactive approach to learning of new digital design tools.
- Solid understanding of legacy CAD applications and practices, particularly AutoCAD.
- Ability to translate 2D drawings and specifications into a complete 3D/4D Building Information Model (BIM).
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment using technical knowledge
- Ability to articulately convey (verbally, visually, graphically) digital design concepts to design and delivery professionals with varying levels of understanding.
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Ability to exercise judgement and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing educational and support to Revit project teams
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree from accredited college/technical school with a focus on engineering, architectural technology, construction management or 3D modeling preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the design and construction industry, with experience in the production of design documents and design detail drawings.
- Minimum 2-3 years of Revit and AutoCAD experience.
VJS Construction Services policy is to select, train and promote the best candidate for each job regardless of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin or any other protected class. Equal Opportunity Employment refers to employee recruiting, hiring, administering salary, training, transfers, promotions, counseling, terminations, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.