VJS Construction Services Offers a Superior Work Environment
Would you like to work for a company that is bettering communities and the lives of the people who use the building we build? When you join the VJS team, that’s what you’ll do. You’ll work with the most talented, hard-working individuals around that are passionate about building and making a difference in the community. We believe in giving back to the community and we get involved!
Whether you’re a Superintendent or an apprentice, Accountant, or Project Manager, you’re part of something bigger – a team culture like no other and that’s why VJS was voted by its employees as one of the Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and Top Workplaces USA 2021.
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER - ENTRY LEVEL
VJS Construction Services has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Designer. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for creative, curious, motivative people to join our growing Design-Build department.
Under the direct supervision of a project architect the primary responsibilities will include the following:
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to the design process by utilizing various software platforms in addition to REVIT such as the Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Enscape.
- Produce architectural documentation.
- Produce graphics, materials and images for client presentations.
- Assist in product research.
- Participate in the review of the construction phase documentation.
- Attend in-house project team meetings.
- Update and maintain current interiors library.
- May perform other duties are required.
About Your Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program by hire date.
- Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficiency with REVIT recommended.
About Working Here:
- We are relentless in our pursuit of great design.
- We are a family run company who values our employees as if they too are our family.
- We work on Target Valued Design.
VJS Construction Services policy is to select, train and promote the best candidate for each job regardless of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin or any other protected class. Equal Opportunity Employment refers to employee recruiting, hiring, administering salary, training, transfers, promotions, counseling, terminations, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.