VJS Construction Services Offers a Superior Work Environment
Would you like to work for a company that is bettering communities and the lives of the people who use the building we build? When you join the VJS team, that’s what you’ll do. You’ll work with the most talented, hard-working individuals around that are passionate about building and making a difference in the community. We believe in giving back to the community and we get involved!
Whether you’re a Superintendent or an apprentice, Accountant, or Project Manager, you’re part of something bigger – a team culture like no other and that’s why VJS was voted by its employees as one of the Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and Top Workplaces USA 2021.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/BILLING SPECIALST
VJS is looking for an Accounts Payable/Billing Specialist to join our team. The Accounts Payable/Billing Specialist, under the direction of the Controller, performs a variety of accounting tasks for assigned projects. This position is responsible for ensuring that all accounts receivable, accounts payable, subcontractor payables and direct purchases are processed accurately and timely in accordance with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compiles data to calculate and produce client billings using AIA formats and/or miscellaneous invoice formats within specified time schedules.
- Manages VJS certificates of insurance issued to clients and obtains exemption certificates.
- Sets up certificate of insurance requirements for projects in Greenlight software and sends initial requests for certificate of insurance to subcontractors.
- Coordinates and controls monthly receivables activity, ensuring that billing, collection and reporting activities occur by the specified deadlines.
- Monitors aging of accounts receivable, coordinates collection efforts and makes collection calls as appropriate, ensuring that lien rights are preserved.
- Ensures that all required documents, including signed contracts, lien waivers, bonds and certificates of insurance, are obtained from subcontractors and suppliers prior to release of payment.
- Coordinates and controls monthly subcontractor and supplier activity, ensuring that invoicing and payment activities occur by the specified deadlines relative to receipt of funds from title companies or clients.
- Handles corporate credit applications for job-specific material suppliers.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves inquiries from clients, title companies, subcontractors and project managers in a professional manner.
- Provides updates to all company personnel regarding pertinent subcontractor information.
- Perform in back-up capacity for other employees, as needed.
- Assist in preparation for year-end financial statement review.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of three (3) years accounting career experience in the construction industry.
- CRIS (Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist) certification preferred.
VJS Construction Services policy is to select, train and promote the best candidate for each job regardless of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin or any other protected class. Equal Opportunity Employment refers to employee recruiting, hiring, administering salary, training, transfers, promotions, counseling, terminations, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.