VJS Construction Services Offers a Superior Work Environment
Would you like to work for a company that is bettering communities and the lives of the people who use the building we build? When you join the VJS team, that’s what you’ll do. You’ll work with the most talented, hard-working individuals around that are passionate about building and making a difference in the community. We believe in giving back to the community and we get involved!
Whether you’re a Superintendent or an apprentice, Accountant, or Project Manager, you’re part of something bigger – a team culture like no other and that’s why VJS was voted by its employees as one of the Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and Top Workplaces USA 2021.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE, BILLING, AND UNION PAYROLL SPECIALST
JOB SUMMARY: The Accounts Payable, Billing and Union Payroll Specialist, under the direction of the Controller, is responsible for ensuring that all accounts receivable transactions are processed in accordance with Company policies.
- Sets up new field employees, processes field payroll and maintains personnel files.
- Processes mileage reimbursements.
- Tracks apprentice hours to ensure that raises are paid on time.
- Prepares monthly union reports.
- Prepares prevailing wage surveys.
- Updates the vendor monthly “Hot List” for subcontractors listed on the BPA list as being delinquent on union payments and enters notes in vendor master.
- Compiles data to calculate and produce client billings using AIA formats and/or miscellaneous invoice formats within specified time schedules.
- Computes costs and percentage of work completed, enters into computer and verifies that calculations are correct.
- Coordinates and controls monthly receivables activity, ensuring that billing, collection and reporting activities occur by the specified deadlines.
- Monitors aging of accounts receivable, coordinates collection efforts and makes collection calls ensuring that lien rights are preserved and files Notices of Intent to Lien and Liens, as appropriate.
- Ensures that all required documents, including signed contracts, lien waivers, bonds and certificates of insurance, are obtained from subcontractors and suppliers prior to release of payment.
- Coordinates and controls monthly subcontractor and supplier activity, ensuring that invoicing and payment activities occur by the specified deadlines.
- Coordinates with project managers the payment of subcontractors relative to receipt of funds from title companies or clients.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves inquiries from clients, title companies, subcontractors and project managers in a professional manner.
- Ensures that proper lien waivers are obtained from subcontractors to facilitate the receipt of funds from title companies.
- Prepare other financial analysis and accounting duties as requested.
- Perform in back-up capacity for other employees, as needed.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of Three (3) years accounting career experience in the construction industry.
- CRIS (Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist) certification preferred.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface and communicate effectively with clients, management, supervisor and other staff.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including intermediate-level proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Textura and Vista Viewpoint software a plus.
- Well-organized, flexible and effective performing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within month-end deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisor, and management.
- Ability to work with other departments to integrate accounting functions.
REPORTS TO: Controller.
VJS Construction Services policy is to select, train and promote the best candidate for each job regardless of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin or any other protected class. Equal Opportunity Employment refers to employee recruiting, hiring, administering salary, training, transfers, promotions, counseling, terminations, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.